The Twilight Saga: Eclipse is a romantic-fantasy film that was released on June 30, 2010. It is based on Stephenie Meyer's book Eclipse and will be the third installment of The Twilight Saga film series, following 2008's Twilight and 2009's New Moon. Summit Entertainment greenlit the film in February 2009. Directed by David Slade, the film will star Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson, and Taylor Lautner, reprising their roles as Bella Swan, Edward Cullen, and Jacob Black, respectively. Melissa Rosenberg, who penned the scripts for both Twilight and New Moon, will be returning as screenwriter.Filming began on August 17, 2009 at Vancouver Film Studios, and finished in late October, with post-production began early the following month. Because of scheduling conflicts, Bryce Dallas Howard was cast as Victoria, replacing Rachelle Lefevre who previously played her. It will be the first Twilight film to be released in IMAX.
Summit Entertainment released a plot summary of The Twilight Saga: Eclipse on February 20, 2009, which states:
|“||As Seattle is ravaged by a string of mysterious killings and a malicious vampire continues her quest for revenge, Bella once again finds herself surrounded by danger. In the midst of it all, she is forced to choose between her love for Edward and her friendship with Jacob — knowing that her decision has the potential to ignite the ageless struggle between vampire and werewolf. With her graduation quickly approaching, Bella has one more decision to make: life or death.||”|
Main cast Edit
- Kristen Stewart as Bella Swan, who finds herself surrounded by danger and targeted by the vengeful vampire Victoria. In the meantime, she must choose between her love for vampire Edward Cullen and her friendship with werewolf Jacob Black.
- Robert Pattinson as Edward Cullen, Bella's vampire boyfriend who can read minds, except for Bella's. In New Moon, Edward left Bella, and now he has returned to try to stay a part of her life.
- Taylor Lautner as Jacob Black, a werewolf in whom Bella found solace during Edward's absence in New Moon. Now, Edward has returned to Bella's life permanently, and Jacob is looking for ways to prove that he is better for her.
Secondary characters Edit
- Ashley Greene as Alice Cullen, a member of the Cullen family who can see "subjective" visions of the future and who is close friends with Bella.
- Peter Facinelli as Carlisle Cullen, a compassionate doctor who acts as a father figure to the Cullen coven. He is the one that created the Cullen family except for Alice and Jasper.
- Elizabeth Reaser as Esme Cullen, a loving mother figure of the Cullen coven.
- Kellan Lutz as Emmett Cullen, the strongest member of the Cullen family, and provides comic relief
- Nikki Reed as Rosalie Hale, the most beautiful member of the Cullen family.
- Jackson Rathbone as Jasper Hale, a member of the Cullen coven who trains his family to fight newborn vampires and can control/manipulate emotions.
- Billy Burke as Charlie Swan, Bella's father and Forks' Chief of Police.
- Bryce Dallas Howard as Victoria, a vampire who wants to kill Bella to avenge her mate, James.
- Dakota Fanning as Jane, Loyal servant to the Volturi.
- Xavier Samuel as Riley, part of Victoria's army of vampires.
- Jack Huston as Royce King II, Rosalie's former fiance.